Film Pitch Q&A

In this blog post I will be answering questions film pitch. My goal was to convince producers to buy my film so that I can produce and then distribute my film to the audience.

1.     What production company are you pitching to?

I will be pitching my film to The Safran company

2.     Title of film

The title of my film is called EffrayƩ

3.     What is the basic synopsis of your film?

The main protagonist discovers a creepy doll in a trash can. The protagonist is somehow drawn to the doll and takes it out. They show it to their friends, and they suggest one of them take it home. The 2nd friend takes it home, even though they were creeped out by it. After a couple days of inactivity from the doll, the 2nd friend starts to notice strange things happening. Things were missing, misplaced, destroyed, and other weird occurrences. The 2nd friend tries to get the 1st friend to take the doll home with them, but 1st friend refused. After a couple weeks of creepy things happening, the 2nd friend set up spy cams around her house to catch action of what was happening. Somehow all the cameras stopped working, so nothing was recorded. 2nd friend dies after she accidently finds the doll trying to kill her dog. Main protagonist and 1st friend mourn the death of their friend, they naturally got closer due to their beloved friends’ death. The doll was passed down to the 1st friend as memory, and incidents start happening at their house too. This time a lot faster and creepier. 1st friend tells main how 2nd friend kept telling her to take the doll and that it was haunted before she passed. They both concluded, kill the doll so nothing like that will happen again. The both prepared for the worst to happen. Some other stuff happens and some more stuff happen. They were able to subdue the doll after coming close to near death experiences. As they were trying to kill the doll, the 1st friend lost their life during chaos. Main protagonist is all alone now, with painful memories thinking if she hadn't picked up that doll from the trash her friends wouldn't have died. Some years pass and she's gotten somewhat passed it, she has a job, a boyfriend, and is living her life normally. At the end of film opening it will show the doll coming back to life and going back in the same very trash can being picked up by another person, showing it to their friends.

4.     Why do you think this production company would be a good fit to make your film?

The Safran Company made Annabelle, which is a horror movie about a haunted doll, along with other very famous horror movies. The brand of my film does align with the Annabelle movie they made. This company is quite well off with experience, funds, communication, etc. Therefore, I believe they do have the right resources to support my film and make it shine by using their abilities. 

5.     What kind of budget will your film require?

My film will require about 2,400 dollars. Considering good editors and other crew stuff, and good software, along with equipment.

6.     How do you plan to pursue distribution for your film?

I plan on doing my best to make quality work but still save left over money. I think I would need to find a separate distribution company. The one I have in mind is Warner. Bros Entertainment.

7.     I’m not sure what a festival circuit is, I’ve researched it and I still cant find anything.

8.     What else do you want your company to know about your project? Why is your offer and attractive one?

I want my company to know that my film isn’t just about scaring people, It’s also about forming close bonds with friends.

Comments

Popular Posts