Stage 4 - Production

For this blog, I'll be talking about the production of my film.

The technology I used during this process was things I was able to access. I used an iPhone 11 that one of the cast had and used the camera for filming the scenes. For the dialogue, we used AirPods to hear exactly what they are saying with emotion. We had some ambient sound so we used the phone's microphone for that and it may not sound the way we wanted it but it's better than nothing.

The thing that I learned from using production technologies is one there is a lot you have to do when operating the camera. Considering the shots and the angles all of that has to be taken into account because they all come to have meaning to them. Since we were using a phone camera we can change the lighting while recording so it was easier on us even though we were supposed to shoot at night. For sound even though we were supposed to use voice-overs actually worked very well. When you use AirPods it's like you can actually feel their emotion just from listening to them so the sound worked well and better than I expected.

I didn't use any sources to learn how to use my equipment because I already have knowledge of what I was using. And mostly all the influences I've had was from the horror movies I already watched for example the opening sequence for Insidious (2010). The suspense from just the opening sequence gave a lot of influence.

The many difficulties that happened a lot were getting to the destinations that matched our setting; it's usually that one of us don't have a ride or we other things planned to do and that really delayed us on production which made us do a lot of changes than we originally planned. For example, we couldn't film at the time we wanted to because one of us didn't have the ride to get there at the time.

There were definitely a lot of funny moments mostly during the shooting because we kept messing up our parts and lines. This is also a learning experience because we didn't practice enough to actually remember our lines word for word and that really did gave us a lesson. And since we were really lost for the time we almost changed everything and stray from the script a little; I would say it really caused a lot of setbacks on things we could've done. Everything we did in the production process gave us a learning experience and I don't regret it either.

Comments

Popular Posts