Stage 5 - Postproduction

In this blog, I'll mostly be going on the topic of editing.

 During editing, there were many different meanings to them. There was a part in the opening sequence where it was a picture of one of the main cast the background was all black and her features were black and white and showed shades of her face; I used that showing the meaning that she will no longer be alive in a part of a film. And there was another part where there was a drop of blood and roses falling into a pool of blood; I put that in there to show the consequences of actions that will lead to trouble or as it said "problems".

The technology I used during this process was a computer and used iMovie to edit the opening sequence. Also, I used my phone to put a few shots together to transit to iMovie.

The thing I learned about using the postproduction technologies was that it takes real concentration to take all the go shots and put it together so it makes meaning and looks good and that an exciting experience seeing everything you filmed being put together as one to create something you never thought could happen. When you are playing around with editing you'll find that there's a lot of things you can to the opening sequence like effects, transitions, background music, and etc.

Now I didn't know how iMovie really works so I did have to do some research on what you can do and techniques that will really bring out the film opening on YouTube. Mostly tutorials on how to use iMovie correctly instead of going in and putting random shots in without meaning to them.

Effrayé is a word that means scared in French and we choose that name cause we wanted a different approach to the horror movie. There's a part in the film opening that says "it was all laughs" really what it means that at first, it was just fooling around harmlessly. Then it goes on saying "just jokes" basically what I was saying before but this time a prank and an act of bravery. "But even jokes can turn into" that line was continuing on to showing the next shot which was the MC picking up a doll from a bucket which led to everything. After that shot, it just says "problems" then after that shows a drop of blood and flowers falling into a pool of blood. Basically, we put the titling in a way to match what we see and what may happen.

The transitions I'm using are a fade out and fade in to show the next shot because it gives a mysterious feeling to it slowly showing the next shot. The effects I'm using is a silent era which shows the vertical lines kind of having a static glitchy effect and I added that cause it gives an ominous look to it. Color correction wasn't a problem for me because I have knowledge of it. I added a black and white filter on the pictures of the cast and also added some exposure to the blood. 

The postproduction went very smoothly. When I was experimenting with iMovie I came up with many ideas but some of those ideas wouldn't work out well due to the lack of shots we had cause we didn't finish shooting overall. So what I did was try to think of a way to connect the shots we had, to create meaning to each one and that was the hard part. When I eventually got down to it I was excited cause it was turning out to be so well so I showed the cast and they also had ideas they wanted to be in the film opening and I added those ideas into consideration because when editing it would be easier to have opinions of others to see if they have ideas or if something doesn't feel right and want to be changed. 

There weren't any major changes in the editing but there were definitely many funny moments when looking back at the bloopers and everything so really it came out the way I wanted it to.

(Film Opening in the next blogpost!!!)😄






Comments

Popular Posts